Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Small town summer of fun!!













We have had quite the fun this summer with our little "bug" aka Chloe or Clovis. We started off the month of July with many swims in the pool and a trip to Duncan for the 4th of July. We even snuck in a trip up the mountain and splashed in the stream at wet canyon and climbed some trees.
Chloe even got to go to the zoo in 114 degree heat with her cousins Covin and Conner and cooled off in the little water area.It may have been a hot day and hardly any animals were out, it was still fun to get to get out for the day.

Later in the month we got to take another trip back to Thatcher again to celebrate pioneer day as well as Brett and Micah getting roped into reroofing my Dad's house.
To end our summer of small town fun we went to Duncan yet again for Brett's high school reunion. Chloe had quite the experience getting to pet a chicken, letting a newborn calf suck on her toe and even got to take a driving lesson on a back road. The Best part of being up there was getting to see a good old fashion thunderstorm. (Though I was disappointed to not get to see anything get hit by lighting which I have been told happens a lot.)

So even though we didnt get to go on an elaborate vacation this summer all the mini trips we have taken has been quite fulfilling. To be honest I am starting to love the trips to Duncan. Its like a little cabin in the middle of farmfields.

So yeay me I did another post!!

5 comments:

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

I can't believe the summer is already over! I am having a hard time adjusting to Covin going to school! It is weird!!

Kerrie said...

Woah! I'm so glad to see you. I think i may have seen you at walmart a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure and you were already gone before i could decide. Anyway-it's great to see you. Your baby is so, so cute.
How's your family? Aw, memories. I always think of your mom when i thnk of first aid. I took a class that she taught once. She's so wonderful.

Granma Bonnie said...

Looks like you got the hang of it now. This Blogging thing.Look out world.

I need to update my blogg too.

Oh well maybe tonight, after I watch Michael Phelps win his 12th gold.

Thanks for the Memories, and pics of my Granddaughter. Whom I never get to see, boohoo :(, Just kidding. but I do miss her!!!!and you guys too!

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Love the update!! Your Chloe is a doll!! When is # 2 going to be here?

STACEY

Rochelle said...

Hey! It was good to hear from you. Chloe is a doll! Maybe we'll see you guys next time we're at Russ & Janie's!