Saturday, August 16, 2008

Love where I live



Before Brett and I actually got married Brett and I had picked this place in Gilbert to build a house. It was a beautiful 6 bedroom house 2300 sq feet. We had even picked out the lot oh and was selling for only $200,000. Brett had his check book ready to get it started, but his Dad questioned if it was a good idea or not because I dont even think we had set a wedding date yet. So Brett decided to hold off on the purchase he had a townhouse that he was living in and so 4 months later we tied the knot and I moved into the townhouse.

Ok so after all his roomates moved out and it was just us, it still felt like a phrat house. It just didnt feel like home. So a month later we started looking for houses and this was right as the housing market started to boom so the same house we almost started to build was already over $300,000 and every house we made a bid on, we got out bid or they had already sold it. We could not belive that we would walk through a house and hours later it would already be off the market. It was so crazy. Well Brett would spend hours on mls looking for houses and came across two. One on power/mcdowell and the other one (we live in). They were the exact same layout, size, and price. Only difference was one had a pool and hot tub, the other didnt and faced a major roadway. But the crazy thing was I only saw a picture of this house, hadnt been inside, just saw the picture and knew it was where we were supposed to live. Brett felt the same way, I wanted to make a bid before we even walked through, I knew it was THE house. So first thing the next morning we walked through it, and granted its not my dream house but knew we had to have this house. Crazy as it sounds I knew it was right. So we sent an offer and they got 7 other offers at the same time. They chose to sell it to us because we needed the paved rv gate for Brett's trailer and the guy said he wanted someone who would appreciate it. Of all the reasons, not price negotiation but that. So we got the house. And have felt at home ever since.

I love the neighborhood and hearing the kids play in the street and I love how quiet it gets at night I just dont feel like I'm in the city at all. After Chloe was born we tried to sell it thinking maybe it was time to move on, and would be safer to not have to worry about fencing a pool. But when we had a one month old baby and real estate agents walking through, it became very difficult to keep the house clean and tidy and to even comprehend thinking about what would happen if we actually sold it. We almost did, but the people thought the neighborhood was too noisey. What?? When was that?? I missed that party. Anyway, I'm so glad we didn't, I would rather put a fence around the pool then move, I just feel like its where we are supposed to be right now. Plus Brett takes such good care of it its looking really cute. Who knows how good our backyard will look once we get the pool guard up. :( But I'd rather have Chloe then a perfect back yard.

1 comment:

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

I LOVE where you live to!! We miss you guys. Thats awesome, you're still doing the training thing. I'd love to go to the gym w/you if we were out there.