Monday, August 18, 2008

Someone has a case of the Monday's..its me I admit it!!

You know its going to be a bad day when you wake up and look at the clock 15 mins before your alarm goes off. Well funny thing, I'm reading breaking dawn about vampires. So of course what do I dream about but Vampires. So I wake up freaking out with a bad dream 15 mins before my alarm was to go off at 4am. (I know its an early work day for me) I planned to even go running for 30 mins before I had to get ready. Well of course I snoozed back to sleep only to hear Chloe wake up. She never wakes up early. So finally get out of the house at 5:30. Get to work and actually work was great,nothing bad happend and no one died. Thats always a successful day in my book. But then my relief got there late so I didnt get to leave till 5:05 pm (10.5 hour day).

Since I didnt get to work out this morning I was going to hit the gym on my way home. The first route I picked to go which by now its 5:15 total rush hour traffic. Dead stop on the 10. So I change routes to head to the 202. Just as I get on the freeway. I realize I cant go very fast, look at the dashboard, big yellow light symbolizing flat tire. Dang it!!!! Rush hour on the freeway, with a new car I dont even think the spare tire area has ever even been opend, and how in the heck do I change this tire. But still being optomistic I pull over call DPS (I know the # by heart) to see if they can have a car sit behind me since its the front tire facing the roadway. I get the jack out and the tire ready to change this sucker my self. Proud that I can try, but scared to death I will be hit by a passing car, luckily they are only going like 10mph. Then the nicest creepiest guy in a minivan pulls over and changes it for me. I was kind of bummed I kind of wanted to see if I could do it myself but had to let the nice guy do it for me. So then it is now 6:00 an hour after I left work get on the road to try to come home on my little donut..and its still stop and go. So I'm kind of mad now I missed the window to go work out. If I did then I wouldnt get to see Chloe before she went to bed. So I sit through traffic mad, call my Mom to vent and my phone battery dies. So not only am I stuck in traffic, I have no one to talk to either. Ahh the luck, then I finally get home at 6:45 pm. Since I had already gotten on my workout clothes before leaving work. I got to hop on the treadmill for a total of 15 mins before Brett came home with Chloe. Let me tell you she isnt the best work out partner since she wants to get involved in everything and doesnt weigh enough to cause a good enough resistance to use as a weight.

So I have appointments at the gym scheduled for the rest of the week for daycare for Chloe so I have to go. Lets hope nothing else comes up like another cold or sickness keeping me from taking her there. Wish me luck! I swear the devil is trying everything to keep me fat. Its the only explanation I have :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hey I haven't checked your blog in awhile and I am so happy to find new posts!!! You are so awesome to want to change your own tire. I'm sure I would've just called Micah to rescue me. Keep up the posts I like to hear how you're doing.

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Wow that is one long day you had! I can't even imagine having to go back to work, I don't think I could do it. When Clayton sets his alarm at night I am always thinking "Glad it's not me." I like my sleep. You asked where we live we are on Power / Germann. Keep up the good posts! I love your back yard - wish we had a pool, I just get to freaked out with pools and kids, they don't mix to well.

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

That is enough to frustrate anyone!! Not too sure I could change my own tire!! Scary!